Celebrity scandals, embarrassments and gaffes

Video of the Day

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

On 2:06 PM by Staff   No comments

Back in Week 3, Peyton Hillis(notes) sat out the Browns' game against the Dolphins with strep throat. He absorbed a bit of criticism for his decision, with people questioning his toughness and/or wondering if the decision to sit wasn't based more on the fact that he wants a new contract.

Monday's admission from Hillis that he sat out because his agent wanted him to isn't going to do his image any favors. From Mary Kay Cabot at The Plain Dealer:

"By the way I was feeling, I just needed somebody else's opinion," said Hillis. "If [agent Kenneard Maguire] would have said, 'Peyton, you probably can do your thing,' I'd have listened to that. But he is my agent and he does help me out and I think we made the right choice, because I was definitely not healthy enough to play."

Hillis stressed that "it was ultimately my choice in the end. We both knew how sick I was and how bad it could be for the team and for myself if I had tried to play so it wasn't just my agent's decision. It was mine also."

Hillis still frames it as an entirely health-based decision, but upon hearing the word "agent," the mind immediately shifts towards the health of Hillis' bank account...More

0 comments:

Post a Comment