Tuesday, December 2, 2014

'Lost Cos'by Now in Trouble Over Molesting 15 yr Old

 LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bill Cosby was sued Tuesday by a Southern California woman who claims the comedian molested her in a bedroom of the Playboy Mansion around 1974 when she was 15 years old.
Judy Huth's sexual battery lawsuit does not specify how much she is seeking from Cosby, who has in recent weeks faced renewed accusations that he drugged and sexually assaulted more than a dozen women for many years. 

Huth's lawsuit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, however, is the first time that a woman has claimed she was underage when she was abused, and it is the first lawsuit Cosby has faced claiming sexual abuse since 2005. 

Huth's lawsuit states that she and a 16-year-old friend first met Cosby at a Los Angeles-area film shoot and the comedian gave the girls drinks a week later at a tennis club.

The lawsuit states that Cosby took them to the Playboy Mansion after several drinks, and told the teenagers to lie and say they were 19 years old if asked. Her lawsuit states Cosby forced her to perform a sex act on him with his hand. 

An email message sent to Cosby's attorney Martin Singer was not immediately returned. Singer has denied previous accusations or said the women raising the claims in interviews had been discredited. 

Singer's statement does not apply to a lawsuit brought in 2005 by Andrea Constand, who claimed Cosby drugged and molested her at his suburban Philadelphia mansion in 2004. Constand, who worked for the women's basketball team at Temple University, and Cosby settled the case before trial....More

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Toys R Us Pulls Breaking Bad Dolls

NEW YORK (AP) — Toys R Us is pulling its four collectible dolls based on characters from AMC's hit series "Breaking Bad" after taking heat from a Florida mom who launched a petition campaign last week.

 The dolls are based on the series about Walter White, a high school chemistry teacher who turns into a crystal meth dealer, and his sidekick Jesse Pinkman. The figures have a detachable bag of cash and a bag of methamphetamines.

 Toys R Us, which is based in Wayne, New Jersey, told The Associated Press late Tuesday that the dolls are being removed immediately from its website and shelves.

 "Let's just say, the action figures have taken an indefinite sabbatical," Toys R Us said in a statement. The retailer had maintained that the figures were sold in limited quantities in the adult-action-figure area of its stores.

 The Fort Myers, Florida, mom, identified by news media as Susan Schrivjer, launched a petition on change.org last week, demanding that Toys R Us immediately stop selling the dolls. The mom, who wrote the petition under the name Susan Myers, said that the dolls are a "dangerous deviation from their family friendly values."

 "While the show may be compelling viewing for adults, its violent content and celebration of the drug trade make this collection unsuitable to be sold alongside Barbie dolls and Disney characters," she wrote.

 As of Tuesday, the petition had 8,000 signatures.

 On Monday, Bryan Cranston, the actor who played White, responded to the controversy, tweeting, "I'm so mad. I am burning my Florida mom action figure in protest."
The debate has also spurred die-hard adult figure collectors to rally behind Toys R US. Daniel Pickett, of Manhattan Beach, California, launched a petition on change.org in favor of the toy seller keeping the dolls. So far, it has collected nearly 3,000 signatures....More

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Reality Pair Cancelled -- Bruce & Kris Split

Another marriage the Kardashians couldn't keep up.

 Family matriarch Kris Jenner dispatched her lawyer to Los Angeles Superior Court on Monday to file for divorce from estranged husband Bruce Jenner.

 The petition comes nearly a year after they announced their separation.

 "We are living separately and we are much happier this way," they said in a joint statement last October. "But we will always have much love and respect for each other. Even though we are separated, we will always remain best friends and, as always, our family will remain our number one priority."

According to the filing, obtained by The Insider With Yahoo, Kris cites irreconcilable differences as the reason for the divorce. She requests joint custody of their 17-year-old daughter, Kylie. (Their other daughter, Kendall, is 18.) Kris also seeks to retain her jewelry and all assets from the date of separation, listed as June 1, 2013.

Bruce, 64, and Kris, 58, tied the knot in 1991, bringing together a big brood that included Kris's kids Kim, Kourtney, Khloé, and Rob, and Bruce's kids Brody, Brandon, Casey, and Burt.

This was the third marriage for the former Olympic gold medalist, who was previously wed to Linda Thompson (1981-84) and Christi Crownover (1972-81). Kris, meanwhile, was married to the late Robert Kardashian from 1978 until 1991.

Bruce and Kris's separate lives became a plot point on their E! series Keeping Up With the Kardashians, as Kris lorded over their Calabasas, California, mansion and Bruce shacked up in his Malibu "man cave."...More

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Co-Pastor Osteen Stuns All with "Obey God, For Yourself" Comments

Lakewood Church co-pastor Victoria Osteen received backlash from the Christian community after video footage of an August sermon surfaced showing Osteen encouraging congregants to "do good for your own self."

 The pastor, who is married to televangelist Joel Osteen, told the congregation that the key to making God happy is first making oneself happy. Osteen said:
 When we obey God, we're not doing it for God...we're doing it for ourself. Because God takes pleasure when we're happy. Do good 'cause God wants you to be happy. When you come to church, when you worship Him, you're not doing it for God, really. You're doing it for yourself because that's what makes God happy.
 Once the video began making rounds on social media, many in the Christian community took to Twitter and personal blogs to express their dismay at Osteen's comments....More

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Suge Knight Latest Rap Scene Shooting Victim

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Hip hop mogul Marion "Suge" Knight, who was shot and wounded at a Los Angeles nightclub over the weekend, was resting at a local hospital but had "lost a lot of blood," his family said on Monday. 

Knight, 49, was struck by bullets early on Sunday morning when a gunman opened fire at a club in West Hollywood during a party in advance of the MTV Music Video Awards across town at The Forum in Inglewood. 

Knight, best-known as the co-founder of Death Row Records, home to such rap stars as Dr Dre, Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg, suffered multiple gunshot wounds but was expected to survive, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said in a written statement. 

Two other people hit by gunfire, identified only as a 19-year-old woman and a 33-year-old man, were also expected to survive their wounds, the sheriff's department said. 

"The family of Suge Knight ask that you keep Suge in your prayers and to stray away from the negativity portrayed by the media," Knight's family said in a statement posted on his Facebook page....More

Monday, July 28, 2014

Top Gear in Racial Smear

 The British communications regulator Ofcom has ruled that a pre-scripted bit on the popular BBC TV show Top Gear was racist. While we're at it, the executive producer's apology wasn't so thoughtful either.

 Top Gear, one of the most popular television shows in the world, showcases a variety of motor vehicles, and pretty much anything else that goes fast. The sometimes controversial show is presented by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.

 During a special episode, which was filmed in Burma and aired in March, the show's hosts were standing on the River Kwai when...well...see for yourself:

 The moment was subtle, but it did garner complaints. Following the incident, the show's producers and hosts apologized. Here was part of the executive producer's statement:

 "When we used the word ‘slope’ in the recent Top Gear Burma Special it was a light-hearted word play joke referencing both the build quality of the bridge and the local Asian man who was crossing it. ...More

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Emma Goes Clepper? WWE Diva Busted

 HARTFORD — A female WWE wrestler was arrested on a shoplifting charge Monday, police said.

 Tenille Dashwood of Winter Park, Fla., was charged with sixth-degree larceny after police say she stole an item from the Wal-Mart store on Flatbush Avenue, police said. The alleged theft was reported to police about 1 p.m.

 Dashwood, whose ring name is "Diva Emma," appeared in community court Tuesday. She was told to perform community service, according to her lawyer, Hubert Santos. When she completes the community service, the charge will be dismissed, Santos said.

 Santos said outside the courtroom that his client's arrest was the result of a mistake. She was using a self-checkout machine at the Hartford Wal-Mart when she bought about $30 of items but forgot to pay for an iPod or iPad case, Santos said.

 Hartford police described the item as a red iHome Slim Swivel iPad mini case valued $21.14.

 The WWE was in Hartford Monday for a show at the XL Center....More

Monday, June 9, 2014

Sterling is Suing Himself, Says NBA Head

 SAN ANTONIO – Donald Sterling's official reign over the Los Angeles Clippers is almost finished, NBA commissioner Adam Silver said on Sunday during his first NBA Finals address.

 Silver said he expects the NBA Board of Governors to vote in Steve Ballmer as the new owner of the Clippers in mid-July or earlier after recently agreeing to a $2 billion purchase of the franchise. On April 29, Silver banned Sterling for life from the NBA, fined him $2.5 million and said the NBA would force a sale of the Clippers after Sterling made derogatory comments about African-Americans. Silver said the holdup is a pending lawsuit Sterling has against the NBA and himself.

 "We're almost there," Silver said.

 "I have absolute confidence it will be resolved because of the sale agreement with Shelly Sterling. She agreed to indemnify the [NBA] against a lawsuit by her husband.

 "So in essence, Donald is suing himself and he knows that. While I understand he is frustrated, I think it's over. I think it's just a matter of time now and then we will move on to better topics and back to the Finals."

 The commissioner also asserted that Shelly Sterling will still be able to attend Clippers games, but will have no other role with the franchise, and there is "absolutely no possibility" that the NBA will rescind its lifetime ban or fine on Donald Sterling...More
 
Celebrity Epic Fail. Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.