Celebrity scandals, embarrassments and gaffes

Video of the Day

Sunday, September 5, 2010

On 5:48 PM by Staff   No comments

Hip-hop star Kanye West is still feeling the pain over his trophy grab from Taylor Swift last year — and he's expressing his pain all over Twitter.

West unleashed a torrent of emotions on his official Twitter account Saturday, acknowledging once again that he was wrong for jumping on stage, taking the trophy that Swift won at the MTV Video Music Awards and saying that it should have gone to Beyonce.

But the rapper-producer said that he has experienced enormous pain, been the subject of death wishes and suffered tremendous setback to his career...More

Friday, September 3, 2010

On 3:15 PM by Staff   No comments

It's a politician's worst nightmare: Drawing a complete blank in a high-profile debate.

That's what happened to Arizona GOP Gov. Jan Brewer, who lost her train of thought during her opening statement during her first televised debate with her Democratic challenger, state Attorney General Terry Goddard.

Brewer was in the middle of talking up her record in office. "We have done everything that we could possibly do," Brewer said, as she suddenly seemed at loss for words."We have, uh, did what was right for Arizona."...More

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

On 10:13 PM by Staff   No comments

Advice guru Laura Schlessinger said she'd been considering ending her three-decade radio career for the last year, and the furor over racially insensitive remarks she made on-air last week was merely the tap on the shoulder she needed to leave.

Though she announced her plan to quit "The Dr. Laura Program" at the end of the year on Larry King's CNN show Tuesday night, she said she made the decision last Friday — three days after uttering the N-word and other statements about race on her show, and two days after apologizing for the same.

"I was just sitting here, looking over the ocean," Schlessinger said in an interview Wednesday morning from her Santa Barbara home. "It was sort of a peaceful wave of awareness — an inner voice just said, 'We're done with this.' The second it came over me, I felt very energized."...More

Thursday, August 12, 2010

On 7:39 AM by Staff   No comments

Fantasia Barrino's autobiography was called Life Is Not A Fairytale, and perhaps no memoir has ever been so aptly titled. Despite winning "American Idol" in Season 3 and going on to sell millions of records and earn eight Grammy nominations, she certainly hasn't lived an idyllic existence in her recent post-"Idol" years. And just when she seemed to get her life on track preparing the August 24 release of her comeback album, things went awry for the 26-year-old, as she found herself surrounded by scandal (she was accused in divorce court papers of breaking up a marriage, then was hospitalized this past Monday for overdosing on medication).

Thankfully, Fantasia's overdose was not life-threatening, but she's still proof that the "Idol" fairytale doesn't automatically lead to a happy ending. The Cinderella story behind the show is that once singers perform on what is arguably America's biggest stage, they're set for life. But for many "Idol" contestants, their troubles really begin once the show is over...More

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

On 3:11 PM by Staff   No comments

Lindsay Lohan will serve "about 14 days" of her 90-day jail sentence, L.A. sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore tells UsMagazine.com.

The actress, 24, has been "extremely cooperative" since entering the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, Calif. Tuesday morning, Whitmore said earlier.

Lohan, who smirks in her mug shot, will spend her days in solitary confinement in a 12-foot-by-8-foot cell.

"She will be kept away from general population," Whitmore said.

After Lohan surrendered, her attorney Shawn Chapman Holley told reporters that Lohan "is asking for your prayers and support. She has stepped up and accepted responsibility."

Holley described Lohan as "a talented young woman and I appreciate that she has accepted responsibility here. She is scared -- as anyone would be -- but is as resolute as anyone could be and she is doing it."...More

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

On 10:01 AM by Staff   No comments

GSTAAD, Switzerland — In a stunning ruling, Roman Polanski was declared a free man on Monday – no longer confined to house arrest in his Alpine villa after Swiss authorities rejected a U.S. request for his extradition because of a 32-year-old sex conviction.

The decision left the Oscar-winning director free to return to France and the life of a celebrity, albeit one unable to visit the United States.

Hours after the ruling was announced, Polanski's assistant said he had left his multimillion-dollar chalet with his family. Half-empty glasses seen on a back porch testified to a hasty exit.

"Mr. Polanski can now move freely," Swiss Justice Minister Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf declared. "He's a free man."

Switzerland, which arrested the 76-year-old Polanski last September as he arrived receive a lifetime achievement award at a Zurich film festival, blamed U.S. authorities for its decision, citing a possible "fault in the U.S. extradition request."

The United States failed to provide confidential testimony to refute defense arguments the filmmaker had actually served his sentence before fleeing Los Angeles three decades ago, Widmer-Schlumpf said...More

Friday, July 9, 2010

On 2:41 PM by Staff   No comments

“His brand is [bleep] now,” one high-level NBA official said late Thursday. “He’s destroyed everything.”

The Championship of Me became the Championship of Flee, because LeBron James doesn’t believe he can be the centerpiece of a title team. He needed Dwyane Wade, a closer, far more than Wade needed him.

Yes, he’s ruined everything. What a wonderful idea: Divorce your childhood sweetheart on national television and tell her, hey, I’ll let you keep the “We are all Witnesses” billboards lording over downtown Cleveland.

“I’m taking my talents to South Beach,” James said, and it was like time stopped because – even for him – this was a moment so devoid of reality and free of concern of consequences. South Beach? He wasn’t picking a basketball team as much as a party. He’s 25 years old, and yet somehow this felt like a cloistered teenager picking a party school for college...More

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

On 12:00 PM by Staff   No comments

WASHINGTON – The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan has been summoned to Washington to explain derogatory comments about President Barack Obama and his colleagues, administration officials said Tuesday.

Gen. Stanley McChrystal, who publicly apologized Tuesday for using "poor judgment" in an interview in Rolling Stone magazine, has been ordered to attend the monthly White House meeting on Afghanistan and Pakistan in person Wednesday rather than over a secure video teleconference, according to officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. He'll be expected to explain his comments to Obama and top Pentagon officials, these officials said.

Obama has the authority to fire McChrystal. His predecessor, Gen. David McKiernan, was sacked on grounds that the military needed "new thinking and new approaches" in Afghanistan.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen has told McChrystal of his "deep disappointment" over the article, a spokesman said...More